Youth Mental Health First Aid - April 5th
Youth Mental Health First Aid is a one-day training designed to teach parents, family members, caregivers, teachers, school staff, peers, neighbors, health and human services workers, and other caring citizens how to help an adolescent (age 12-18) who is experiencing a mental health or addictions challenge or is in crisis. The course introduces common mental health challenges for youth, reviews typical adolescent development, and teaches a 5-step action plan for how to help young people in both crisis and non-crisis situations. Topics covered include anxiety, depression, substance use, disorders in which psychosis may occur, disruptive behavior disorders (including AD/HD), and eating disorders. This course will be facilitated by certified Youth Mental Health First Aid trainers from Clatsop Behavioral Healthcare. There is no cost for the training, but space is limited and registration is required. .
More Events For You
- Seaside Downtown Spring Wine...
- Spire Duo Masterclass
- South Jetty Bar
- Keto Reset 6-Week Group...
- Legends At the Beach Friday
- Legends At The Beach Saturday
- Her Light Escape
- Empowered to Connect...
- Hoarder Homes: Piles of...
- BYU Theatre Ballet - Astoria,...
- Wheels and Waves Car Show
- HOW NOC Coffenbury Lake 2019...
- Muscle and Chrome Car Show
- Fort George Brewery 5k Fun Run
County of Queens