The Roots of Today's Radical Right: Crisis in American Democracy
|Addresse||55 W 13th St|
|At||The New School, Theresa Lang Community and Student Center|
|County||New York City (NY2981)|
55 W 13th St
The New School, Theresa Lang Community and Student Center
New York City (NY2981)
Please join the Heilbroner Center for Capiitalism Studies and Duke University historian Nancy Maclean for a conversation surrounding Professor Maclean's new book "Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right's Stealth Plan for America". She will be joined by a panel of New School faculty. "Democracy in Chains” blows open the doors to the unknown history of the relentless campaign by the radical rich to eliminate unions, suppress voting, privatize everything from schools to Medicare and Social Security, and change the Constitution. MacLean traces this game plan back to one man, the Nobel Prize-winning political economist James McGill Buchanan, who forged his ideas in an attempt to preservethe white elite’s power in the wake of Brown v. Board of Education.
- 2018 Summer Intensives...
- Michael Mayer's The Seagull...
- Harlem Meets Paris
- Harlem Rhythm: 1st Annual...
- Cam in NY
- Bullet For My Valentine -...
- Urban Bear's Sunday Beer...
- RAM Party
- Only 100s New York with The...
- Shane Pierce - Nomadic Nights
- Hal & Bee by Max Baker
- Faith Connexion, A Peace...
- Coffee & Tea Festival NYC...
- Impact Week 2018
- Opening Reception - Hyperreal
- German Movie Night: Democracy
- Latin Jazz w Gerardo Contino,...
- COAF presents screening of...
- Exhibition Opening: Primal |...
County of New York City