The Paradise Papers: Unveiling the Offshore Economy
|Addresse||312 Sutter St, Ste 200|
|At||World Affairs Council|
|County||San Francisco (CA1194)|
312 Sutter St, Ste 200
World Affairs Council
San Francisco (CA1194)
How do the world’s richest companies and individuals hide their earnings from taxation and conceal controversial business deals? Spearheaded by the International Consortium of Investigative Journalists (ICIJ), the Paradise Papers investigation reveals the offshore holdings of more wealthy corporations, political figures and notable names, like Apple, Nike, Queen Elizabeth II and even Nelson Mandela’s estate. The investigation sparked new calls to close tax loopholes for companies stashing profits in shell companies in island countries like Bermuda and the Cayman Islands, and raised new questions about connections between the Russian government and figures in the Trump administration. Encompassing 13.4 million records on financial holdings in 19 different jurisdictions, this cache of documents is the largest leak exposing offshore accounts, dwarfing even the Panama Papers leak in 2016.
- Date Night - First Saturday...
- Free Healing Mass with...
- 2018 Summer Player 4v4 Camps
- Phish - 2 Day Ticket
- 2018 SF Aerial Arts Festival
- Haight St Trivia, Comedy &...
- Pistahan 2-Day Event, Free...
- Mom Jeans (Record Release) ~...
- $5 Infinite Mirror Maze!
- San Francisco KPI Bridge Oil...
- Picture Bayview Hunters Point...
- Open Gym Night
- Reggae Gold XL SF Edition
- San Francisco - Kidding...
- Otis McDonald
- Freezing Woman - An Anti...
- SOL Development w/ Mino...
- Yosvany Terry Sextet, Free...
County of San Francisco