The Fastest Eye on the Sky - KIPAC Public Lecture
|Addresse||2575 Sand Hill Rd|
|At||SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory|
|County||San Mateo (CA1197)|
2575 Sand Hill Rd
SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory
San Mateo (CA1197)
We are pleased to announce that the next KIPAC Public Lecture will be: The Fastest Eye on the Sky: The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope By Prof. Aaron Roodman, SLAC National Accelerator Laboratory Free and open to all. What is the Universe made of? In modern cosmology only 4% of the universe is deeply understood, while the other 96%, Dark Energy and Dark Matter, remains a mystery. The Large Synoptic Survey Telescope (LSST), currently under construction, will observe billions of galaxies, billions of stars in our own galaxy the Milky Way, as well as millions of objects closer to home in the solar system. Every night over a ten year survey, LSST will observe much of the night sky, so that every portion of the sky will be imaged nearly a thousand times. In this talk, find out about the LSST observatory and this remarkable set of observations, and how we will be able to “see” the dark portion of our universe in unprecedented detail.
- Winter Sensory Bags
- Go Greater - San Francisco
- Sticky Faith: Practical and...
- Adults Create: Mosaic Boxes
- 15% OFF - AI Conference w/...
- Especial GTA 5 Promocion de...
- Wolanski Twins
- Cryptocurious Silicon Valley...
- Off the Grid Menlo Park -...
- Off The Grid Menlo Park -...
- Test Event for Self Serve
- DoNotCome To this Event
- Ask me anything
- Party with ticket requests
- My Event With Requests
- Matthew Zapruder and Louise...
- Michael Shermer
- Barry Eisler
- Intensive Literary Seminar...
- Sally Kohn
County of San Mateo