Recognizing and Managing Secondary Traumatic Stress (Newnan)
This course is designed to educate various helping professionals on Secondary Traumatic Stress (STS) and its impact. Participants will learn how to assess STS symptoms in themselves and others, explore factors that help to protect professionals from the negative effects of STS, and discover strategies to use these protective factors to manage STS. Participants will also assess their own personal and professional self-care and develop STS management plans. Topics Covered At the conclusion of this training, participants should be able to: Explain the potential negative impact of STS on their personal and professional lives, their organization, and the children and families they serve Distinguish between Secondary Traumatic Stress and other stress-related conditions Identify risk factors and symptoms of STS Identify strategies to manage STS Develop an individual plan to manage STS .
More Events For You
- Lighting - It All Starts Here
- Photography Essentials: Teen...
- Picture Perfect Portraits
- Ashley Park Breakfast
- Hometown Novel Night-Newnan...
- History of Serenbe Tour
- Fermentation 101
- Amerigroup - Georgia Families...
- Crafting at the Library
- Exploring Macro photography
- Photo Editing With Lightroom
- Level up gamer's tournament
- Sundays in Senoia Presents:...
- Brothers In Bowties
- Building a CMA Using...
- Sharpsburg - DCA Community...
- (Free) Secrets of a Real...
- As the Page Turns
- Lindsley Register Solo Photo...
- 15 Pounds Healthier In 15...
County of Coweta