Opening Reception: Saad Qureshi - When The Moon Split
|Addresse||35 Great Jones St|
|County||New York City (NY2981)|
35 Great Jones St
New York City (NY2981)
Aicon Gallery New York is proud to present 'When The Moon Split', Saad Qureshi’s third solo exhibition with Aicon Gallery. The exhibition is comprised of three entirely new bodies of work centered around the Quranic story of a miracle performed by the founder of Islam, the Prophet Mohammed. Qureshi has realized a sculpture of the moon in two parts, bringing its distant spectacle down to earth and suspending it in the middle of the gallery space. It orchestrates a juxtaposition between the heavenly body and the human body, firing the imagination and reawakening the age-old sense of wonder we associate with the planets and the infinity of space. Surrounding it in the main gallery, six monumental drawings on wood beckon visitors deeper into the planetary atmospherics, presenting a series of imagined landscapes.
- 2018 Summer Intensives...
- Michael Mayer's The Seagull...
- Harlem Meets Paris
- Harlem Rhythm: 1st Annual...
- Cam in NY
- Bullet For My Valentine -...
- Urban Bear's Sunday Beer...
- RAM Party
- Only 100s New York with The...
- Shane Pierce - Nomadic Nights
- Hal & Bee by Max Baker
- Faith Connexion, A Peace...
- Coffee & Tea Festival NYC...
- Impact Week 2018
- Opening Reception - Hyperreal
- German Movie Night: Democracy
- Latin Jazz w Gerardo Contino,...
- COAF presents screening of...
- Exhibition Opening: Primal |...
County of New York City