NC Concealed Handgun Class
|Addresse||1306 Joe Moore Rd|
|At||Hasty Fire Dept|
1306 Joe Moore Rd
Hasty Fire Dept
The NC Concealed Carry Handgun Training course is very comprehensive. This class is required by North Carolina if you are interested in obtaining your Concealed Carry Handgun Permit (CCH). This class does not issue you the permit, but provides you the certificate to file with the Sheriff's department to obtain your permit. The requirements for this certification are as follows:
Class is $65.00. RANGE FEE INCLUDED.
GIFT CERTIFICATES AVAILABLE.
• 8 hours of mandatory classroom training
• Two hours discussing Legal Issues - Deadly Force for Self-defense and the laws concerning when you may or may not carry your handgun
• Handgun Safety, Marksmanship Fundamentals, Carrying Concealed, Safety Issues, Presentation Techniques, Cleaning and Maintenance, Ammunition, Proficiency Drills (Range)
• Each Student must pass a 20 question multiple-choice test about the legalities of carrying a concealed handgun and the use of deadly force.
Range Time & Qualification
• Familiarization of handguns will be completed in the classroom at Hasty Fire Department, 1306 Joe Moore Rd, Thomasville, NC 27360
• We will qualify with your firearm near the same address.
• You will be required to demonstrate how to safely load, unload the handgun as well as shoot the handgun at a B27 target.
• The instructor will determine if the student is proficient in handling the firearm by observing how well they perform the practical exercise.
• Shooting proficiently is determined by the score the student receives after shooting 30 rounds at a life sized silhouette.
• Students are required to shoot from the distances of 3, 5 & 7 yards.
Items Required for the Class
• You must have NC issued ID or Government ID
• You cannot be convicted of any felonies or are awaiting trial for a felony
• You cannot be an illegal alien and must me a citizen of the USA.
• You must be at least 18 years of age, (YOU MUST BE 21 TO APPLY FOR A CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT)
• Handgun that you plan on carrying (If you do not have a handgun to shoot, one can be rented for you for additional $20)
• 50 rounds Ammo
• Bring Pen and Paper
• Eye and Ear protection, preferably Ear Muffs
• Dress comfortable for the occasion. No flip flops.
NO LOADED FIREARMS OR AMMUNITION WILL BE ALLOWED IN THE CLASSROOM.
The class will start promptly at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday. We will take regular breaks and take a short break for lunch. If you have any questions prior to the course, please feel free to give me a call or email me.
There will be a lot of student participation during the course. I am sure you will enjoy your training and I look forward to seeing you at the course.
Hasty Fire Department
1306 Joe Moore Road
Thomasville, NC 27360
WESMAR Shooting Range
1492 Horneytown Road
High Point, NC
8am to 5pm .