Lecture w/Melissa Geppert, Ph.D.
|Addresse||1000 Holt Ave|
|At||Cornell Fine Arts Museum|
1000 Holt Ave
Cornell Fine Arts Museum
“Assembling Publics/Rehearsing Rights: Civic Engagement in Contemporary Art” with Melissa Geppert, Ph.D. , Art Historian University of Central Florida, School of Visual Arts & Design In today's rapidly globalizing world, what defines a "public" and what cultural forms produce a sense of common belonging? What constitutes, sustains, or threatens public life? Geppert’s talk explores contemporary art's role as a platform for public engagement, looking at a range of projects that take up debates involving public infrastructure, civic participation, and human rights. Dr. Melissa Geppert is a specialist in contemporary art history, visual and spatial culture, and critical theory. While her interests in these areas are wide ranging, she currently researches contemporary projects wherein artists collaborate with on-going initiatives in community development and human rights.
- Vertebreaker & Cruel Curses...
- (Hed) P. E. at The Haven
- Raven Black w/Hail Sagan &...
- Living Room Reset
- Late Night Mix
- BIG 3v3 Basketball Tournament...
- Týr, Orphaned Land, and more...
- O-Town Meltdown IV
- 36th Annual Winter Park Jazz...
- Winter Park Wine & Dine |...
- Botanical Quest
- Orlando Creepy Crawl &...
- 2018 Summer Extravaganza
- Lydia Can't Breath +MORE/The...
- Authentic Youth Arise...
- Gospel Goes Classical ft....
- Gospel Goes Classical Gala...
- Obituary Live
- Obituary at The Haven
- SPEED LIMIT 70 at Muldoon's
County of Grand