Hope In The Mourning - A Community Gathering Of Healing And Hope
|Addresse||530 Pennsylvania Ave|
|At||Southside Alliance Church|
530 Pennsylvania Ave
Southside Alliance Church
Christmas can be a painful time for many. Dealing with the death of a loved one, facing life after divorce or separation, coping with the loss of a job, living with cancer or some other disease that puts a question mark over the future, and a number of other human situations make parties and joviality painful for many of us in our congregations and communities. We wonder how we will get through the holidays. Those looking for comfort, hope, wholeness, and renewal are invited to join us in a safe place to come as you are. Just as is stated in The Empty Chair: Handling Grief Through The Holidays and Special Occasions, we believe: "The more one experiences life, the more one is able to understand that sometimes the choice is not between joy or sorrow, pain or pleasure. The challenge is to find victory in the middle of the battle, see beauty in the context of despair, or experience joy in the middle of one's pain - and to learn from the experience by constructively reflecting on it." We desire to give you such a place to begin to find the victory, experience the joy and to reflect on all God is for you in and through your pain.
- Open House Weekend
- Wine On Ice Afterparty
- Public Art Mural Workshop...
- How I Became a Pirate
- Carpe Diem Toastmasters -...
- 2017 Year End Banquet
- Spring Craft Show
- The Master Healing Series:...
- Seth Speaks Study Group
- Beautiful - The Carole King...
- Spring fever handmade market
- Homeschool Program: Birds
- Homeschool Program: Energy
- Homeschool Program: Mammals
- 2018 Twin Tiers Race for the...
- Out to Lunch: Elmira...
- Exhibit Opening: Town of...
- Out to Lunch: Weird Fashion
- Play Date at Steele Memorial!
- Out to Lunch: Fierce Ladies...
County of Chemung