Fight the Stigma! Charity Showcase
|Addresse||203 E 14th St|
|At||City of Davis Veterans Memorial Theatre|
203 E 14th St
City of Davis Veterans Memorial Theatre
Did you know that 1 in 7 women are diagnosed with postpartum depression yet only 15% of women seek treatment? Mothers with post-partum depression and anxiety-related disorders are often stigmatized because of the misconception that parenthood elicits euphoria and an intense, all-consuming love when their babies are born. Women deny their feelings of being overwhelmed, exhausted, sad, anxious, or indifferent towards their newborn(s) and their new role as a mother since this version of motherhood isn’t the social norm. Davis Wushu presents a charity showcase to benefit mothers with postpartum depression and related anxiety disorders. Our goal is to raise funds for mental health clinics in the Sacramento area that focus on the healthy physical and mental development of infants by treating the emotional wellbeing of the mother.
- August 24-26, 2018 3 days, 2...
- Mom's Timeout
- Nourish, A Women's Amba...
- Tom Roddey at Blackwater...
- Blackwater FALLS PHOTO Weekend
- Explorer Series: Batty for...
- BGCO Marriage Retreat
- RADIATE your love: A Women's...
- Davis Women's Summer Moon...
- HUMM Appalachians 2018
- Cursebreakers Men's Conference
- Cucurbitaceae Conference 2018
- Iranian Roommate in United...
County of Yolo