Head to magical New Orleans and experience the French Quarter in style. As you leisurely walk along the copper lamp-lined, and gently illuminated, paths of antiquated cobblestone of the French Quarter, it’s akin to stepping into Europe in the 19th Century – merged with a rich and varied Creole history. Multiculturalism is taken to grand new heights in this distinguished Southern town. Relish the aromatic pleasures of Cafe Du Monde pastries and freshly brewed French coffee wafting through the Lake Pontchartrain breeze, while experiencing the truly dynamic culture and energy of New Orleans.
You are surrounded by beautiful buildings that hint of Creole Atlantic influence with distinct elements of Greek Revival and Neoclassical architecture, with impressive use of columns and breathtaking Roman detail.
Voodoo-inspired masks and other exotic souvenirs are casually available in shops next door to intriguing bookstores, cafes and museums, all capturing the unique spirit of New Orleans.
Roam the grounds of Oak Alley Plantation and be transported to the antebellum south, while surrounded by towering oak trees and well-manicured lawns. Delight in a spicy shrimp boil lunch with newfound friends while listening to the rhythms and beats of a lively zydeco band. Enjoy a balcony party with views of the Mardi Gras festivities.
Visit the swamps and bayous of Louisiana and learn about the animals who live there – particularly the American alligator – along with history of the swamps and how they were settled.
In your free time, step into The House of Blues to catch one of the latest and greatest alternative rock, blues or jazz bands; or have a martini at the Carousel Bar & Lounge at the historic Hotel Monteleone, which once attracted such luminaries as Tennessee Williams, Ernest Hemingway and Truman Capote.
What we love:
• With some of the best food on the planet, New Orleans features Pascal’s Manale, known for its barbecue shrimp; Cafe Du Monde, famous for its late-night hours, delectable beignets and chicory-flavored coffee; and Galatoire’s, loved for the finest and freshest seafood. • You’ll see and experience the history and blend of cultures that shaped New Orleans for what it is today when you visit the countryside and the swampland surrounding this unique metropolis. • It’s easy to get immersed in the captivating city of New Orleans, where jazz music, Cajun and Creole cuisine, and the mysteries of the supernatural fuse in the rhythmic heart of the French Quarter.
Your DreamTrip includes 4 days and 3 nights in New Orleans, Louisiana, as well as:
• Oak Alley Plantation tour; includes transportation and live music.
• Traditional Louisiana shrimp boil; includes transportation and live music. • Swamp boat tour through the Bayous of Louisiana; includes guided tour and transportation. • $20USD gift card per person for breakfast at Ruby Slipper. • Welcome reception with 1 complimentary drink at Broussard’s in the French Quarter. • An In-destination Support team member will be provided on this trip. Their goal is to ensure you have a great DreamTrips™ experience from landing to liftoff. They host a welcome reception on arrival day, attend scheduled activities throughout the trip, notify the group of itinerary updates and more.
Airfare is not included in the trip price. The closest commercial airport to the hotel is Louis Armstrong New Orleans International Airport (MSY), approximately 16 miles (26 kilometers) away.
We highly recommend that you purchase travel insurance for any trip.
** Please note: Airport transfers are not included in this trip. Make sure to arrange your own transfers between the airport and your hotel. **
The Astor Crowne Plaza is positioned perfectly at the bustling corner of Canal and Bourbon streets in the Big Easy’s famed French Quarter. The rooftop of the hotel offers sweeping views of downtown and Bourbon Street , allowing one to visually take in the excitement of Mardi Gras.
• 1 restaurant and 1 bar.
• 1 heated rooftop swimming pool (open seasonally and weather-permitting). • 1 fitness center. • Valet parking: US$42 per day.
Standard Room accommodations with:
• 1 king bed or 2 queen beds. Rollaway bed available for room with king bed for US$20 per night.
• Rooms have been recently renovated with modern features and style. • 49” HD flat-screen TV. • 24-hour in-room dining available. • Refrigerator. • Complimentary Wi-Fi (faster speeds available for an additional fee).
Check-in: 4 p.m. Checkout: 11 a.m. Minimum check-in age is 21.
Astor Crowne Plaza New Orleans French Quarter
739 Canal St. New Orleans, LA 70130, U.S.A.
Hotel Check-in Requirements:
By booking this DreamTrip I understand that the hotel may request a credit card upon check-in. The hotel may request the credit card in order to: a) place a monetary hold of US$50-200; or b) hold for incidental, security or other charges. By booking, I acknowledge having received notice of this potential charge and accept that Rovia™ recommends a credit card rather than a debit or bank card be used in the event the hotel requests the card. I understand that any such request made by the hotel is outside of the control of WorldVentures™ and Rovia and is strictly a hotel policy. Should I have questions concerning the hotel’s policy, I accept responsibility for contacting the hotel independent of Rovia or WorldVentures.
If you are traveling internationally to join this trip, please ensure that your passport is current and any required visa is obtained and valid. Many countries require passports and or visas to be valid for a minimum of six months after the end date of the trip. It is your responsibility to obtain any required visas and other documentation prior to traveling. If you are unable to obtain a visa, the Cancellation Policy for this DreamTrip will apply.