Cooper Street Workshops: The Writing Sangha
|Addresse||305 Cooper Street|
|At||The Writers House at Rutgers University-Camden|
305 Cooper Street
The Writers House at Rutgers University-Camden
In Sanskrit, sangha means community, and this workshop promotes a communal, meditative approach to writing memoir, specifically for women. While traditional approaches to memoir encourage an emotional distance from the material in terms of years, meditative writing allows participants to create emotional distance through mindfulness. Participants will learn the three cornerstones of meditative writing in the first two sessions: returning to the present breath of the narrator, dropping their fixed storylines, and writing the stories they actively avoid. In the third and fourth session, they practice responding to one another’s personal narratives with empathy and compassion, as well as addressing their own work through short prompts and guided meditation. The final two sessions involve group writing activities focused on the art of detachment, allowing participants to gently pull back and let their writing go.
- Jason Aldean: High Noon Neon...
- Godsmack Shinedown Camden
- Godsmack & Shinedown in Camden
- Shinedown & Godsmack at BB&T...
- 93.3 WMMR Presents Godsmack /...
- Karaoke Mike at East Camden...
- Jason Aldean, Luke Combs &...
- The Fulton Chain Gang at...
- Luke Combs: Philadelphia, PA
- PBCIP 2018 Haddon Avenue...
- David Byrne & Sylan Esso
- Summer Sea Camp, Poke-sea-mon...
- Maine Lobster Ride Camden...
- 2018 Fife and Drum Muster
- Rob Zombie & Marilyn Manson:...
- Jeff Beck Camden
- LIVE at 5 Worship Service
- 2018 Carolina Downhome Blues
- 2 Hr. Knitting Cruise
- Charlie Puth
County of Preble