Chicks: Intro to Backcountry Skiing Skills
|At||Ouray, CO, United States|
Ouray, CO, United States
Join Chicks and the Silverton Avalanche School for our 1-day intro to backcountry skiing skills clinic focused on learning the ups and downs of backcountry skiing and splitboarding. This day out is designed for both newcomers to the backcountry and seasoned skiers and riders looking for a tune up on technique to make backcountry travel more efficient and enjoyable. We’ll focus more on the technical aspects of backcountry touring but also delve into terrain assessment and avalanche awareness. Our uphill focus will be on setting a good skin track, establishing a sustainable all-day pace, methods for efficient skinning and the subtleties of different kick turn techniques. We’ll seek out fresh tracks for the down but teach you how to ski typical backcountry crud that is variable and challenging.
- Black Bear Pass, Alpine loop...
- ICOpro Canyoneer Level 1-2-3:...
- Happy Hour with You Knew Me...
- ICOpro Canyoneer Level 1-2-3
- 10th Annual Wine, Chocolate...
- Scott Helmer at The Wright...
- 2018 FJ Summit
- COLORADO MOUNTAIN JAM
- Ouray - Intermediate 2-Day...
- Fall Colors Gigapixel...
- Lonestar Bronco Mountain Ride
- Ouray (Hotel) Basecamp Tour
- Kara Huber Piano Concert
- Ouray to Moab for Karen &...
- July Hot Stuff Retreat in...
- 2018 Fashion Show and Luncheon
- Ouray 50 Mile Endurance Run
- GXOR does FJ Summit 2018
- Ouray 100 Mile Endurance Run
County of Ouray