Amish Country Wagon Tour
This is not the same Amish trip we've offered in the past so if you enjoyed the other ones come on back. Great family day out. Eye-opening experience for kids-teens. Pickup Locations: 7:30am - Fort Payne Walmart 8:00am - Scottsboro Dunham Sports 8:30am - Gurley Dollar General 9:15am - Madison Old Time Pottery/Ollies Itinerary: - Drive-thru and Sightsee the Covered Bridge and Waterway at David Crockett State Park - Lunch at the Ponderosa at 11:30am - The Ponderosa is where today’s families find the spirit of the Old West, the flavors they crave, and something-for-everyone variety. Ponderosa offers an expansive Buffet featuring a variety of dishes including Fresh Vegetables and Fruit, Soups, Salads, Appetizers and Desserts. They also have a variety of Beef, Chicken, Seafood and Pasta offerings.
- The Amish Heritage Farm Museum was one of the first Amish farms settled in Tennessee in 1944, when the Amish emigrated from Ohio and Mississippi. It was a fully functioning Amish farm, until several years ago, when the family sold the farm and moved further out into the country. Today, due to the generosity of a local Amish family, both the Amish House and Dawdi Haus have been restored back to their original state, complete with period furnishings and artifacts from the 1944 era. A replica one room Amish school house was also added to the grounds and has been set up to accurately depict a local Amish school house. This guided tour offers a rare glimpse into Amish culture, and their daily lives. - Tour includes inside tours of an authentic Amish House and Dawdi Haus Museum, Harness shop, Hen-house with animals, and a replica one room Amish school house. We also have an authentic Amish buggy that you can take pictures in. - Amish Wagon Tour with History and Shopping at Amish Homes : We will take a horse drawn wagon tour with a local guide through the Amish countryside. Stops at several Amish farms with a chance to purchase their produce, baked goods and more included. The wagons are clean and in excellent condition ensuring that your tour is comfortable and enjoyable. $79.50 individual adult ticket (12+) - Includes everything mentioned above plus round trip transportation on charter bus with AC and bathroom onboard. Bus Bingo for fun prizes. $65.50 individual child ticket (11 & under) - Includes everything mentioned above plus round trip transportation on charter bus with AC and bathroom onboard. We should return around 6pm in time for supper.
More Events For You
- Christmas Play & Dinner
- Big Fish Movie Tour & Peach...
- Dickens Christmas Festival &...
- Biltmore Christmas by...
- Helen, GA - Fall Foliage Trip
- Santa's Underground Workshop
- Lake Winnie Spooktacular...
- Candlelight Forest...
County of Jackson