Akron Walking Tour: Downtown Christmas Windows & Attractions
|Addresse||200 S Main St|
|At||Lock 3 Akron, Ohio|
200 S Main St
Lock 3 Akron, Ohio
Author Joanna Wilson will lead a walking tour and discussion of Akron's history of downtown Christmas window displays. From her research on Akron's Christmas attractions--which resulted in the book "Story of Archie the Talking Snowman" (2015)--Wilson uncovered the 100 year history of the breath-taking, eye-catching Christmas displays that filled the windows of retailers O'Neil's, Polsky's, Yeagers, and more. THIS YEAR'S DISCUSSION WILL FOCUS ON THE MORE OUTRAGEOUS AND MEMORABLE CHRISTMAS ATTRACTIONS and WINDOW DISPLAYS in Akron's long history. Love seeing the Wizard of Oz, Alice in Wonderland, Cabbage Patch Dolls, and Peter Pan storybook window displays each Christmas in downtown Akron? Come discover the story behind those sets and the long history of Christmas window displays of downtown retailers each year in Akron.
- ZoSo at Akron Civic Theatre
- The Return of Wretch!
- Roxxymoron at Musica - TWIG...
- Succulent Centerpiece Workshop
- Calm in the Chaos - An Urban...
- The Human Beings Tour
- Pieces of a Dream
- Black Male Summit
- Cocktail Fundraiser
- Buck Naked Band acoustic at...
- Akron Coffee Roasters:...
- Scott Stein & Brian Lisik -...
- High Brow Barista Brunch at...
- Maker Session 1: Taxes for...
- Magic Wand Workshop
- Superbowl Party
- Late Nite Lunar Love
- 4th Annual Scotch...
- Jun Kaneko: Blurred Lines...
- Long Time Gone at The Rialto...
County of Washington