Earn 20 CEU’s - Yoga Alliance
This training is a unique and fun way to expand your experience as a yoga teacher and the perfect way to earn your CEU’s. Receive a 70 Page Manual complete with pictures and detailed information. Yoga Nidra Instruction and Practice Included
What is Aerial Yoga?
Aerial yoga is one of the newest blends of yoga and aerial circus arts, utilizing a silk hammock as a prop to aid the student in surrender during traditional postures that are difficult to achieve due to minimal flexibility or strength, physical injuries and often times, emotional fear. Aerial Yoga is an amazing practice and fun way to change up your traditional experience with yoga on the mat, as well as a teaching yoga. Practicing Yoga in the hammock allows you to discover and unleash your hidden challenges and strengths.
It balances and encourages deeper and unique stretching through a traditional Aerial Yoga Flow class.
Curriculum, Practice and Teaching. Basic Beginner Level One Poses and Flow
How to teach an Aerial Yoga Flow Class
All sections of a traditional yoga class and will be taught in this training as well as:
• Safety Information and tips
• Benefits of practicing in the hammock
• How to assist your students in the hammock
• Centering the student prior to practice
• Breath Work
• Basic Standing Supported Postures in the Fabric
• Basic Seated Supported Postures in the Fabric
• Various wraps used in an Aerial Yoga Class
• Suspended Inversions such as back bends, hand stands, down dog, hip openers, savasana, and seated postures. • How to balance classes of multiple levels
• Safety elements of the rigging
• Complete 60 minute class create and ready to use
• 10 required hours – karma/apprentice hours
• Hanging and caring for your silk and equipment
• Yoga Nidra Meditation that can be used to address fear and inhibitions
What are the benefits of Aerial Yoga Flow?
Physical Healing: Natural alignment and decompression of the spine and joints. 2Emotional Healing: Opening the heart, hips, and core so that the student can go beyond their fear to inversion, creating a space for svdhyaya, self-study. 3Spiritual Healing: Creating a new perspective, moving energy up to the crown chakra, broadening students understanding of who “I am” through the practice of isvarpranadhana, surrendering all to the universe.
What will you take away with you?
1. Background study on aerial arts and basic aerial yoga practices. 2How to create a safe environment for the student and address fear in the student
4. Sequencing the practice to open and close the student’s hearts and Meditations that address fear and inhibitions
6. Assisting the student
Hanging and caring for your equipment
What will be in your 2-Day Certification
1 hour - aerial yoga class (included in tuition and built into training schedule)
2 hour - aerial yoga class observation
10 hours pose breakdown, peer teaching, feedback and practicum
3 hours teaching to (studio students) and feedback
2 hours preparing to teach one section out of the manual
1 hour for lunch each day
Teacher Training will be taught by:
Kelly Kuder 500 RYT , 200 E-RYT - Co-Owner Transcend Yoga, Purenergy Aerial Guest Master Instructor
Transcend teaches a Vinyasa Style Aerial Yoga Flow Class. To Transcend is to Increase your understanding; to go beyond. Transcend aerial yoga incorporates the practice of yoga breath, drishti, grounding, asanas, vinyasa, yoga nidra and meditation to draw your energy upwards to the crown chakra.
Asanas and meditation focus on addressing fear that is trapped within our bodies limiting us on our path to peace.
Certification Fee : $545
Early Bird Discount -
Hello hello. I'm looking forward to spending the weekend at Purenergy Learning ~ Flying and playing. Namaste