A World Transformed - One Night Only!
|Addresse||400 Quail Rd|
|At||Longmont Museum and Cultural Center|
400 Quail Rd
Longmont Museum and Cultural Center
Pianist Mina Gajić brings her spectacular Érard piano (1895), famed clarinetist and Rice University faculty Richie Hawley brings his historic clarinet (1919), and BBF’s director Zachary Carrettin joins them on violin, set up in early-twentieth century fashion. Between the World Wars music, art, and theater were thriving and exploring radical, unknown territory. The instruments were transitioning out of their romantic idiom, and were being adjusted into an early twentieth century esthetic. You’ll hear the clarity of the straight-strung grand piano, the vocal quality of the clarinet from this period, and the violin without today’s shoulder rest and synthetic strings, instead, utilizing sheep gut and steel. Thrilling and colorful post-impressionist works by Bartók, Antheil, Ives, Berg, Bolcom, and Gottschalk - a world premiere.
- Holiday Open House
- Homeschool Art Hour Class
- Longmont - Free Community...
- Bardic Night at The Grove!
- First Harvest: Celebrating...
- Moon Rites - Bull-Elk Moon...
- Bardic Night at the Grove!
- Access Bars® Gifting &...
- Longmont Farmers Market
- Monthly Meeting - Edible...
- Santa at Christmas Open House
- Mollie McGee's Fall Market
- The Absolutes at Bootstrap...
- Grief Ritual - October 7th
- Grief Ritual - December 9th
- Vinyl Night / Happy Hour
- Monthly Free Veterans Pop-Up...
- Perinatal Somatic Attachment...
- Quilt Block of The Month Class
- Monthly Meeting - Winter...
County of Boulder