A World of Yogis: India’s Teachings in the West - Phil Goldberg
|Addresse||14618 Tyler Foote Rd|
14618 Tyler Foote Rd
A World of Yogis: How India’s Spiritual Teachings Transformed the West From Emerson and Thoreau in the 19th century to today’s yoga studios, generation after generation of seekers have absorbed the treasures of Indian philosophy and yogic techniques and planted them in the soil of Western culture. Masterful gurus from Vivekananda to Yogananda to Maharishi Mahesh Yogi to the present-day teachers came from India in waves, and prominent thinkers, writers, scientists, and musicians —including, most especially, the Beatles— absorbed, adapted and disseminated what they learned. This remarkable East-to-West transmission moved from the fringes of the culture into the mainstream, affecting medicine, psychology, and even physics. Most powerfully, it has led to a dramatic shift in how we understand and practice spirituality.
- No Simple Highway Live at the...
- 5Rhythms® Sweat with Majica
- Last Saturdays Bluegrass Show
- OM Chanting
- Living the Queen's Code Book...
- Yoga for the Chakras
- Spiritual Book Club: Prison...
- Geometric Yoga
- Chris Heckmann live at ol'...
- Meditation: Technology for...
- Healing Yoga
- Alchemy Yoga
- Kua Community Yoga
- Revive Vinyasa
- Euphonic Conceptions presents...
- Open Mic - Hosted by...
- Mark Farina [Three Hour Set]...
- Sound Healing with Scott Adam...
- Folk Trails Hiking Club Hike
- CircAsana Aerial Yoga Teacher...
County of Nevada