|Addresse||600 Pleasant Valley Dr|
|At||Second Presbyterian Church, Little Rock|
Flute Fantastic, the Little Rock Wind Symphony’s and conductor Israel Getzov’s season-opening concert on 7:30 p.m., Thursday, October 12th, begins the year with one of the best-known and brilliant works for band: Gustav Holst’s Second Suite for Military Band. The program features the flute, an instrument with a 43,000-year-old history, with soloist Kayla Copeland performing the dazzling “Carmen Fantasy Brillante” based on Bizet’s famous opera, and the Mockingbird Quartet performing "Fighting Peacocks" from Eric Ewazen’s "Harmony in Blue and Gold" for flute quartet. In addition to other wind band favorites, the program will include Sousa’s “The Liberty Bell March” in acknowledgment of the 100th Anniversary of the USA’s entry into WWI. The march, written in 1893, was played frequently in 1917 during the Liberty Bell’s nationwide rail tour to sell bonds to raise war funds.
In this concert, the march will feature the bell from the USS Razorback. Admission $15, $12 seniors, free for students. Sponsored by Bob Bidewell.
- Getting Ready for Mardi Gras:...
- NYE dance party w/ Velvet...
- Pâte à Choux Pastries:...
- French Croissant Workshop
- Learn the Strategies for...
- The Peace before the Joy
- William Clark Green
- Holiday Happy Hour
- New Year's Eve with The Pantry
- The Secret is in the Sauce
- Frozen Fever "Holiday Gems"
- Hibernia Holiday Bash
- Baptism of Zion Ezekiel
- 60th Annual Delta Exhibition:...
- Blue October in Little Rock,...
- CALS Con 2018
- Classic French Macarons
- No Convictions w/ Kill,...
- Neighborhood Caroling Sip &...